Whitepaper ‘How to turn data into your greatest asset’
Learn about the democratization of data
Data is a commodity that can unlock new opportunities, so it feels like better access means better results. However, since a lot of data contains sensitive information, it is being treated more or less the same way; closed by default, access being granted on a case-by-case, need-to-have basis.
So how do you get the most out of your data, without breeding security risks? Our head of data & analytics – Alexandru – has written a vital whitepaper: ‘How to turn data into your greatest asset’.
In this whitepaper:
- What is Data Democratization?
- Enhancing Data Access
- Improving Data Literacy and using the right Data Tools
Obstacles to Data Democratization
- Obstacle 1: Antiquated data culture
- Obstacle 2: Data analytics requires specialized skills
- Obstacle 3: Lack of data security and privacy policies
- Obstacle 4: Concerns about misrepresentation and duplication
- Obstacle 5: Legacy systems and traditional thinking
- Obstacle 6: No clear image of how data is used within the organization
Steps you can take towards a more democratized data landscape
- Step 1: Revising current data management strategy and architecture
- Step 2: Inventory and mapping of data assets
- Step 3: Technology investment
- Step 4: Data accountability
”I highly encourage everyone involved with data at any level to read this document.Zoë LiebersbachLead Software Architect | Data Management, Governance and Analysis